Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Would Trump's Cocaine Addiction Affect His Ability To Be President?

>

And you wonder why he only sleeps 3 hours a night?

By the time I started working at Warner Bros Records I had long given up drugs, something I left behind with the 1960s, a dear old friend that was no longer part of my life. "Drugs," for the most part meant marijuana. Smoking weed had been an integral part of my college life and it ended there. I was in a sweltering parking lot in my van at the Pakistan-India border on December 1, 1969 when I had a life-changing experience. Instead of having to exercise will power top avoid drugs-- something I sometimes succeeded at and sometimes failed at-- the desire itself was ripped from my body. Thank God! And that was the end of that. A life of drug use was o-v-e-r. The pull wasn't something I had to resist; it no longer existed. And in those years I was smoking pot, I was, less regularly, using other drugs as well. I tried almost everything and I loved some, like acid, and hated others, like DMT. Cocaine was something in between-- something that gave me a lot of pleasure but that I could tell was very bad for me. It wasn't hard for me to stop using it-- considerably before by experience in my VW van on the Pakistan-India border. I never felt the slightest interest in using it since and soon it'll be 50 years!

But I still remember very much what it's like to be high on coke or to be strung out on coke. What time did the debate start last night? 4-5 minutes after 6 (PT)? 10 minutes in-- check the time stamp-- I sensed something crazy about Trump-- I mean crazy in a different than normal Trump crazy way. I had heard rumors in the past that he had a prescription drug problem and certainly what could have happened last night was that he chopped up some adderall of something and snorted it before hitting the stage. Hey, don't be judgmental; different people prepare in different ways. When I was in the midst of chemotherapy, somewhere along the line my doctor prescribed adderall. I hated it. But many people love it and its supposed to be especially helpful for people who, like Trump, have short attention spans. It contains a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, which stimulate the central nervous system and affect chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control. Just sayin'. But adderall isn't what I was sensing even in the first few minutes of the debate. Nor were the diet pills (meth) he used to peddle on his pyramid scheme infomercials.



This is what I tweeted 10 minutes in:




Ten minutes later I wasn't laughing. He really was coked up! The next tweet:




Right around that time Hillary was saying, "Donald, I know you live in your own reality." Yeah, he does, but what I was feeling was that at the moment he was living in a cocaine reality. 11 minutes passed and I was positive.




Utterly positive... it was totally affecting his thought and speech patterns, even more than usual:




So was my old friend Susan positive-- and she's very smart:




I was glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. Another old friend, a Warner Bros co-worker, Steve, sent me a photo:




I ran a little poll when I noticed the incoherent babbling was getting worse and worse.




That's when the DWT art director sent me the photo up top. GOP strategist--and hipster-- Rick Wilson seemed to recognize the same same thing:




I wondered why no one in the mainstream media was saying anything about it. Then he started blaming all the sniffing on a "defective mic," something he doubled down on the next morning when he was making a fool of himself on Fox and Friends.




By the end of the night, I was suggesting that Kellyanne check him into one of those fancy Republican Party detox centers where they put their officials when everything explodes on their faces. I learned today that about an hour after I started tweeting about Trump's sniffling and crazy behavior could signify coke use, that Howard Dean had suggested it as well, significant not because of his place in politics but because he's also a medical doctor. On MSNBC Tuesday he explained his tweet to a hostile and especially moronic anchor-- establishment media hates this kind of speculation.
[H]e sniffs during the presentation, which is something that users do. He also has grandiosity, which is something that accompanies that problem. He has delusions. He has trouble with pressured speech. He interrupted Hillary Clinton 29 times. He couldn't keep himself together. So, look, do I think at 70 years old he has a cocaine habit? Probably not. But, you know, it's something that-- I think it would be interesting to ask him and see if he ever had a problem with that.
Dean's right; dummy MSNBC anchor is wrong. But the mainstream media won't go near this with a 10 foot pole. John Podhoretz, once a proud #NeverTrump dude, has been slinking back to the GOP OK Corral the same way Ted Cruz did. He sounded jilted the morning after but nothing to do with the cocaine elephant in the room. Although he found the unhinged Trump "exciting," he also admitted he was "embarrassingly undisciplined." When the coke was sparking all Trump's brain cells in the first 20 minutes, Podhoretz claims he was making sense (at least to inhabitants of RepublicanWorld) but then, as the high started wearing off... Well Podhoretz explained that "due to the vanity and laziness that led him to think he could wing the most important 95 minutes of his life, he lost the thread of his argument, he lost control of his temper and he lost the perspective necessary to correct these mistakes as he went... Trump was reduced to a sputtering mess blathering about Rosie O’Donnell and about how he hasn’t yet said the mean things about Hillary that he is thinking... [H]e went into a bizarre digression in which he alternately wondered whether his son Barron might grow up to become a hacker and defended Vladimir Putin from the accusation Russia had tapped into the Democratic National Committee’s emails (which the FBI says almost certainly happened). That has to count as the biggest choke of his political life... [Everything] was buried inside a weird word salad that reduced its effectiveness to almost nil." If you know anything about coke freaks, that should sound very familiar. And here's the part about Podhoetz feeling jilted:
His supporters should be furious with him, and so should the public in general. By performing this incompetently, by refusing to prepare properly for this exchange, by not learning enough to put meat on the bones of his populist case against Clinton, he displayed nothing but contempt for the people who have brought him this far-- and for the American people who are going to make this momentous decision on Nov. 8.
Canadian journalist John Ibbitson, writing for the Toronto Globe And Mail Tuesday morning felt the decision had been made, namely that no reasonable voter could want Trump as president after the debate. "Trump," he wrote, "was loud, angry, rude, boastful. He bashed China and Mexico, he constantly interrupted, he swaggered and strutted and jutted his chin. Most of all, he described a dying dystopian republic brought to its knees by Hillary Clinton and her friends that he alone could redeem." Sounds like a crazy cokehead to me-- "rambling, bloviating, incoherent, shouting, interrupting, boasting, ridiculing, low-blowing-- while rarely landing a single palpable hit."
And late in the debate, when asked by the moderator why he said he opposed the war in Iraq when in fact he had supported it in 2002, Mr. Trump went off on a rant of such length and violence of tone that millions could only have watched in horror, ending with the audience laughing when he pronounced: “I have a much better temperament than she does.”

He disproved that, however, by then insinuating he knew some terrible secret about Ms. Clinton that he would not repeat, because he was above such things. Simply disgraceful.

...To want Donald Trump as president, you would have to be as angry and bitter as Donald Trump was Monday night.
Or on crack.



Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's demand drug testing for Presidential candidates! Why not? Many other workers have to put up with this.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Mark Gisleson said...

My experiences would be more recent than yours, and more meth-oriented. Trump was not on meth (I don't know much about sissy drugs like Adderall). A meth user would not have interrupted, they would have been more arrogant and in better control. (movie depictions show deeply addicted users who have surrendered to the drug, most meth users just act like edgy cops)

Coke is the great liar in that it gives you unwarranted confidence as Trump displayed. A meth user would be aware of everything going on around them whereas Trump was clearly oblivious to everything but himself. A meth user wouldn't sniffle, they'd try to hide signs of use.

All I could think (until I turned the TV off) was that The Donald was on stage coked out of his skull.

It didn't make Hillary look one fucking bit better to me, btw.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Fiddlin Bill said...

It's a binary choice Mr. Gisleson. As we see more and more clearly how profoundly terrible and dangerous Mr. Trump would be as President, Mrs. Clinton in comparison is surely looking better and better. This is not to say that it was wise for the Democratic Party to have nominated her. It was politics, which is the arena.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Cugel said...

Maybe, like Ed Muskie, he was on Ibogaine?

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Mark Gisleson said...

No, not a binary choice.

I have the right to vote, or not vote.

I have the right to vote and not vote for president.

I have the right to write in anyone I like for president.

Half of Americans vote by not voting. We're not doing so good at increasing that number; maybe it's time people stop voting and providing the illusion of legitimacy to our increasingly non-representative non-democratic corporatized federal government.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

More like a Bye-Byenary choice as either Clinton or Trump in the Presidency will change what? A game to keep the Evilocracy herding voters into a fear driven slaughter house. The problem lies with the lack of choice. The process has created a choice between the two most disliked people being a choice????? A choice for how you wish to be betrayed, not represented. It's the lack of Democracy that produced this.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger CWolf said...

Snifflegate !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home